Recently, we have been getting a lot of you asking about variations and if you should variate your product.
The answer used to be very simple: yes, because just last year Amazon would combine the reviews making it an automatic win. But within the last year, Amazon has slowly removed combining reviews just because a given product has variations, so now wondering what to do with your variations.
To simplify things, we have created a pros and cons list:
- Amazon may potentially combine the reviews again. If that happens, it’s worth keeping your variations together
- Cross selling is easier for customers and potentially increases your order value
- Higher sales conversions because all options for a product are in one spot
- Losing real estate in the search results. When you combine a listing it will limit you to only show one listing on a given term, instead of splitting up all your product options
- One product variation brings down the whole listing. On occasion, one variation does less well than the rest and brings down the overall real estate on the listing
If you have questions about this update, please reach out to our team by heading to TurnKeyProductManagement.com/talk!
To get and stay on top of the latest Amazon updates and to view and interact during our What’s New on Amazon Live every Wednesday please go ahead and join our free private Facebook Group by clicking here