What we’re doing to keep up with the changes
As you all are aware, in December 2019 Amazon threw a ton of changes in for autoresponders.
To recap the changes Amazon implemented, You cannot include:
- Any external links (this has always been a rule but it is a good reminder!),
- Links to Amazon detail pages or storefronts,
- Marketing messages or promotions (we are so sad to see this one go!),
- Logos if they contain links,
- The word “Important” in your subject line,
- Promotions for additional products,
- Anything that asks for a positive review (you can ask for a review, but exclude anything like “If you had a positive experience please leave us a review here”)
- Multiple messages asking for the same review repeatedly,
- The same attachment in multiple messages,
- Any attachments that are not necessary to complete the order.
Today we are focusing on this rule: You cannot include links to Amazon detail pages or storefronts
Our team has gone back and forth on the matter and because of this rule, we have decided to change our review ask to be a manual process instead of linking the review link. Because Amazon is stating to not include any Amazon links we feel that writing out the steps to leave the review is the more conservative and compliant approach.
Here is what our manual ask looks like:
If you have not already left a review on your experience with us and our product, we would love to hear about your experience!
Simply head over to Amazon and log into your account.
Tap on the menu bars in the top left corner, then click on “Your Orders”.
Tap on our product that you recently ordered, then click on “Write a product review.”
If you have any questions about your autoresponders our team suggests you reach out to your autoresponder software provider directly.