Selling online can be tough because you don’t always get to touch and see the product in person, which means that capturing your audience can be a bit trickier. When it comes to selling on Amazon, the foundation of converting views to sales is your listing copy. Potential buyers will not only base their decision on the visual elements of your listing but also what they learn about your product in your bullet points and product description. Thus, it is important to use words that will both make your product relatable to your target market and entice your customers to buy.
Effective sales copy is a crucial component of your listing and can help you properly position your products on Amazon. It can, in fact, mean the difference between making a single sale or creating a lifelong customer. Any sales copy worth its salt will answer a crucial question: Why? If you can explain to your customers why they need your product, you have won most of the sales battle. Your product’s “why” should paint a picture of how your product will fit into the consumer’s lifestyle.
Brands like Apple and Nike have done a phenomenal job of defining their “why”, and as a result have amassed cult followings among consumers. They lead with clear, succinct missions statements that define their core values, and follow up with the logistics of what their products do. These companies have been successful because consumers understand their why, and purchase their product to be part of a vision not necessarily for their products themselves.
When working on your sales copy and defining your “why”, here are five places we recommend looking for inspiration:
- Check Out Reviews and Comments – Whether they belong to your product or a competitor’s, people who have previously purchased the product will give you insight into the reasons why consumers are buying products in your niche.
- Review Customer Questions – These could help you understand what potential customers are looking for prior to purchasing products.
- Talk with people in your niche – Going straight to the horse’s mouth can give you insight into your target customer’s motivations.
- Find fitting affirmation statements – These should inspire your customer and encourage them to reach their goals in life.
- Use Famous or Inspirational Quotes – Either directly use the quotes or paraphrase them to enhance your product
Once you’ve defined your why, creating dynamic sales copy will be much easier.
Want more support in creating the type of sales copy that converts prospects into customers? Apply now to see which of our services you qualify for.