Selling online can be tough because you don’t always get to touch and see the product in person, which means that capturing your audience can be a bit trickier. When it comes to selling on Amazon, the foundation of converting views to sales is your listing copy. Potential buyers will not only base their decision on the visual elements of your listing but also what they learn about your product in your bullet points and product description. Thus, it is important to use words that will both make your product relatable to your target market and entice your customers to buy.
Effective sales copy is a crucial component of your listing and can help you properly position your products on Amazon. It can, in fact, mean the difference between making a single sale or creating a lifelong customer. Any sales copy worth its salt will answer a crucial question: Why? If you can explain to your customers why they need your product, you have won most of the sales battle. Your product’s “why” should paint a picture of how your product will fit into the consumer’s lifestyle.
Brands like Apple and Nike have done a phenomenal job of defining their “why”, and as a result have amassed cult followings among consumers. They lead with clear, succinct missions statements that define their core values, and follow up with the logistics of what their products do. These companies have been successful because consumers understand their why, and purchase their product to be part of a vision not necessarily for their products themselves.
When working on your sales copy and defining your “why”, here are five places we recommend looking for inspiration:
- Check Out Reviews and Comments – Whether they belong to your product or a competitor’s, people who have previously purchased the product will give you insight into the reasons why consumers are buying products in your niche.
- Review Customer Questions – These could help you understand what potential customers are looking for prior to purchasing products.
- Talk with people in your niche – Going straight to the horse’s mouth can give you insight into your target customer’s motivations.
- Find fitting affirmation statements – These should inspire your customer and encourage them to reach their goals in life.
- Use Famous or Inspirational Quotes – Either directly use the quotes or paraphrase them to enhance your product
Once you’ve defined your why, creating dynamic sales copy will be much easier.
Want more support in creating the type of sales copy that converts prospects into customers? Apply now to see which of our services you qualify for.
A Quick Note From TurnKey:
As of October 10, 2019, Amazon Giveaways is no longer a feature hosted by Amazon. We loved this strategy so much and are sad to see it go. That being said, the principles that made the giveaway effective still apply:
- Leverage social media, email lists, etc. in order to send people over to a landing page to collect even more customer email addresses.
- Use squeeze pages to share more information and connect with customers. Video is a fantastic medium to include on the landing page because it gives you the unique opportunity to talk to your customers and pitch to them as if you were in the same room.
- Offer a discount code to people who watch the video.
So don’t worry just because Amazon isn’t offering this feature anymore. You can still find ways to incorporate the aspects of this strategy in order to impress your customers and increase sales! If you need more support, we have lots of other strategies to help you grow your sales, so don’t hesitate to reach out.
Amazon Giveaway is a marketing tool used to set up sweepstake promotions on Amazon products. Essentially, you are creating a prize out of your product. The giveaway is displayed on Amazon’s giveaway page which provides your product with endless exposure. This is a great way to engage with your customers. With giveaways, you are able to provide each participant with a promo code. It will make them feel special AND draw them to your product listing.
Upon setting up an Amazon Giveaway, you are able to create entry requirements such as have the participants follow you on social media or watch a short video. Having the participants watch a short video is our favorite. We were able to get one of our clients to over 22,000 YouTube views in a week using this entry method! From there they could pixel each viewer thus adding 22,000 people to their retargeting ads. This is your chance to appeal to your customers by letting them know what your brand is about. You want to catch their attention and provide them with a visual of your brand that they won’t forget!
Amazon Giveaways can be used as a complete growth strategy. Not only can you increase your sales conversions, but you can also expand your customer base.
Social media will be your best friend to maximize this strategy. Create a post on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter that will create a BUZZ around your product. Simply inform your followers that you’re having a giveaway and give them a link to the giveaway page. Or even better, to make sure that the word gets around, ask them to tag 3 of their closest friends in the post for a chance to win an exclusive prize just for your social media followers!
Amazon automates the entire process for you by picking the winners and losers! You simply select how many products you want to give away and Amazon will randomly select the winners. Don’t forget to HAVE FUN and get CREATIVE while promoting your giveaway. The more excited you are about the things going on with your brand the more excited your customer base will be.
If you’re interested in finding out more information about how giveaways and other strategies can help grow your sales check out our Growth Strategies on Amazon Accelerator.